Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Penny Saved...

The phrase "A penny saved is a penny earned" 
has been recorded in the original as 
George Herbert's Outlandish Proverbs, circa 1633. 
A penny spar'd is twice got.

Today was a penny milestone! A year ago I purchased a 
wireless odometer for my bicycle and today it turned over 1500 miles!


 I made a point of pulling over to the side and take a photo of the occasion!



So what have I saved in the last year....
hmmmmmm.

1500 miles =

My car gets 25 mpg so I would have purchased 60 gallons of gas @ $3.79=
$227.40 (shoot, not as much as I'd hoped!)
More importantly that's 1500 miles less on my car tires, engine, ect...

How about calories burned....
Well 1 hr of cycling at 10-11.9 mph = 136.36 hours spent
At my current weight that is 354 calories per hour for a whopping total of....
48,271.44 calories
WOW! That should make me feel better!

So if it takes 3500 burned calories to loose 1 lb. I technically should be stick thin!!
I should have lost 13.79 lbs.

Oh well....here's to more riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment