Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Christmas in July (well I guess August now!!)

New Stuff!!


Everyone loves new stuff!  I just received a package in the mail today
and I was very excited about it! It contained new bike stuff.


I usually wait until fall to buy new stuff but I couldn't wait.
The WSDOT has had a serious problem keeping the side of 
road clear this summer. There is tons of debris on the shoulders, ranging
from glass shards to rocks. Perfect combination for a flat tire. And
I've had a few lately. Last week I had one that made me decide
it was time to make the BIG purchase. Puncture proof tires.
The main reason I haven't purchased them is the cost.
I took the plunge and bought them over the weekend.
Good thing too, cause on Monday I had 2 flat tires on my ride
to work. Yes, 2 flats, same tire, different locations, different holes.
I gave up, caught the next bus, and walked the rest of the way to work.


This evening my wonderful husband put my awesome new tires on....

Now....we wait and see!

(Oh, I also got new gloves, and a new CO2 repair kit!)










No comments:

Post a Comment