Monday, August 8, 2011

Up, up and away...in my beautiful, my beautiful....

Bicycle??? Well as the song goes a balloon would have been a lot easier but I have to confess it was fun in a morbid, self torturing sort of way. I set out to accomplish something that has
long been on my "to do" list or as they now call it "bucket list".
I have always had the desire to ride up Hurricane Ridge on my bike and this 
year with all the commuting under my belt I thought it was high time!
The elevation at the ridge is 5100 ft. The City of PA is 32 ft. That about sums up the ride.
Up!

So the day before the ride I got this idea to attach a camera 
to the front of my bike a video. So below are some photos and the
video. It is a little lengthy but hey, at least you don't have to do the ride to see it!
Me! And yes I was crazy enough to carry a pannier. I needed something to hold gear for going down!

 One of the tunnels that you travel through on the ride up the ridge. I have a cool video on going through the tunnels on the way down!


Victory photo at the top!!


The Video!!  Enjoy!
Victory Breakfast! Swedish Pancakes!!
And YES!!! A stupid flat at Mile 2.5!


Surprising....with this being the day after....I was expecting some soreness.
I was pleasantly surprised to only be fatigued this morning an gone this afternoon.
Guess all that daily riding has paid off after all!




No comments:

Post a Comment