Saturday, May 10, 2014

Time flies...

I can't believe it's been 2 years since my last post! It's a good thing I don't write for a living or I'd be poor.  I would like to say that I have been diligently riding my bike with every passing season that has occurred between then and now but.....well......Pinocchio comes to mind!

I must say as I boarded the bus the last few weeks it was interesting to notice how some things never change. Greetings from daily commuters, friendly hello's and where have you been from the bus driver's make you feel like you've walked into a reunion.  Crazy people at bus stops, yelling at the passing cars, yelling at you that if you try and kill them they will just kill you back! (Am I missing something with that one? I think that occurs only on The Walking Dead!) Smells that move you to chew gum or in a pinch floss! (hey, I clean teeth for a living, I ALWAYS have floss, and it's tasty too!)  It has all been there patiently waiting for me....yup, a reunion all right. You know the kind, the ones with the mix of all the people, some you can't wait to see and others that you avoid like the plague!


On a more pleasant note...I dragged my husband out for a ride on the Olympic Adventure Trail.
We did the section from off of Joyce Access Road to Log Cabin Resort on Lake Cresent. It is beautiful ride with some uphill grinds but you get rewarded with some beautiful views!

We encountered some hazards on the drive up. We are lucky this oversized branch didn't ruin the spokes in my husbands bike!





A good picture of us but it doesn't do the view justice. We could see Canada in the background!





One of the disadvantages to not owning a small truck.
Ghetto style bike rack! 
My mechanic would KILL me if he saw this photo! 
He tried to tell me last time I was in for service that I had been off
roading in my car (which wasn't true).
My husband says I can no longer lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment