Tuesday, April 12, 2011

20 Millionth Rider???

I've ridden on the Clallam Transit system off and on since they started in the the 80's. As a kid I would ride sometimes with my friends to Pt. Angeles to check out the stores or to hang out. The bus system use to even include our small grade school on the local route for several years when quite a few students rode in from Pt. Angeles. For a small community we are blessed to have such a good transit system. It runs fairly frequently, is relatively cheap and reliable. Now as an adult I have again ridden off and on, mostly with my bike on the rack, for a couple of years. On Monday the transit system celebrated its 20 millionth rider. I usually don't ride later in the day but as chance would have it I had a hair appointment so I ended up at the downtown station in time for the 4:40. Also in time to notice the start of the build up for this event. Several of the "regulars" were all touting their loyalty and desire to be chosen as the "20 millionth" rider. While, I too would have loved the free goodies and even more the free yearly pass I think the person chosen was a good one.

Forks man tabbed as 20-millionth fare for Clallam Transit -- Port Angeles Port Townsend Sequim Forks Jefferson County Clallam County Olympic Peninsula Daily NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment