Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cycle Friendly Cities!

A couple of weekends ago I traveled to Portland, OR for the Oregon Dental Convention for some C.E. credits. According to data from the Alliance for Biking and Walking’s Bicycling and Walking in the United States 2010 Benchmarking Report; the League of American Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly America project; Portland is listed #2 in the U.S. for cycling friendliness. Being the cycling commuter that I am I decided that I would be on the alert for all the cycling friendly things that I could see. I took along my trusty camera and snapped a few shots.





This is something that I've never seen....special spots in parking garages for bikes!

Everyone needs a good map!


This display was being set up in another part of the convention center! I'm sure it would have been fun to stay and see what all was going to be there!


The Max light rail system serves Portland commuters! Even the cycling type with racks on board for you to hook up your bike and ride indoors! Great for the longer distance commutes!



Way to go Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment