Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nothing's free...not even air!





What kind of world is this now that you have to pay for air! I discovered that yesterday as I was once again fighting the battle of the flat tire!  Let me rewind....on Monday on my way to work I had a flat tire. I was in between Safeway and Les Schwab. Of course, I tried to repair it myself first...checked the tire for punctures blah blah blah found nothing and decided to just blow the stupid thing up and ride to the gas station. I wasted a CO2 cartridge to discover that this was a MAJOR flat...I decided to see if Schwabies was open.  It wasn't but I convinced someone to come to the door. I tried real hard to look pathetic and it must have worked. Turns out it was the manager. I would like to say he was super helpful but I'm pretty sure the man hasn't changed a bike tire in a really long time. My husband says he was probably grumpy because I kept telling him how to fix it, but seriously, this is a TIRE store! Oh well, he helped me out and for that I am grateful.  Rode to work, all was well. Finished work..tire was flat AGAIN!!!  At home the spouse and I worked on the bike              tire...repaired the pinched tire...blah blah blah. Next morning...FLAT!  I must say that I am getting this tire changing thing down! In 8 minutes I was on the road again only to be a mile and a half from home to discover it was going flat. Frustrating! I know the bus schedule and knew one was on the way so I jumped aboard with the intent of stopping at the gas station and taking care of business. Got off at the station to work on the bike and discovered that one now has to pay for air. It cost be $1.00 to use air for 3 seconds! Wow! That's a load of money to be made on air! Lucky for me I carry bus money and had the correct change. I pulled out a brand new tube, installed it, used my 3 seconds of air and off I went. The tire has been good ever since.  I must say though...I should go into the business of selling air. For as many flat tires as I have had lately there could be a mother load!

No comments:

Post a Comment